Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cheap & Cheerful | Essence Colour & Shine Eyeshadows

I love finding unexpected treasures where I least expect to.  Several months ago, I stumbled upon Essence makeup products at my local Ulta.  I must have passed the display many times during previous visits but for whatever reason, the display made me stop and take a closer look that day.

I first read about Essence from a fellow blogger who was from Germany which lead me to believe that Essence was sold in Germany or at the very least in Europe.  She raved about the quality for such an inexpensive price.  So imagine my surprise when I came across an Essence display at Ulta.


I purchased five of the Colour & Shine eyeshadows ($3) and I must agree with the blogger from Germany and that the quality was very good.  These eyeshadows have a baked composition which is to say the shadow is domed and has a dry, firm texture.


09 trip to venus - a pale, frosty pink

01 fabulous - a beautiful, brownish taupe

08 joyride to jupiter - a cool-toned pine green

07 blue moon - a brightened sky blue

03 wear it! - a brightened lavender

All of these shades have fine, multi-colored shimmers baked into the powders.   These are not the most pigmented baked eyeshadows out there but they are pretty good.

Overall Grade:   B

No comments:

Post a Comment